What are your business hours?
What payment methods do you offer?
Payments can be made using any of the methods below:
- Speed pay One Time Payment
- $7.00 with a representative, IVR, or web www.cigfinancial.com. VISA Debit, MasterCard, Checking or Savings only.
- CIG customers can call 24/7 and make a payment over the phone to 866-894-1306 in English or Spanish.
Automatic Payments through SpeedPay (Recurring ACH or debit card) – No fee. Requires a form to be filled out and sent back. Please call 877-244-4442 and a customer service representative will send you the correct recurring form via email, mail or fax and can assist you with any questions.
PayNearMe – $4.99 7-Eleven, CVS, ACE Cash Express. Cash only. Please call 877-244-4442 and we will email or text you a bar code.
MoneyGram – Receive Code = 7378 – $13.99 Wal-Mart, CVS, Albertson’s, Stater Bros, Nix CC, ACE Cash Express, Advance America, Longs Drugs..
Western Union Quick Collect – $14.50 / Code City: CIG / Code State: CA. /BLUE Quick Collect Form / Phone (Call 877-244-4442)
Walletron moBills – $7 fee. Customer adds CIG FINANCIAL to the e-wallet on their smart phone and ties it to an account or card.
Will I receive my monthly statements electronically after I enroll in Autopay?
How can I reduce my principal balance?
Who can I contact with questions about the website or my online account?
Please call (800)-525-3200 and a Customer Service representative will be happy to assist you.
How do I request a due date change?
Please call (800)-525-3200 and a Customer Service representative will be happy to review your request. You need to have made your first payment on the loan before you become eligible to change your due date.
How do I request a deferment?
Please call (800)-525-3200 and a Customer Service representative will be happy to review your request and advise if you are eligible to defer a payment on the loan.
How do I change my address?
Please call (800)-525-3200 and a Customer Service representative will be happy to assist you.
What do I do if my vehicle was impounded or seized?
Please call (800)-525-3200 and a Customer Service representative will be happy to assist you. To expedite your request, please have the following information ready if possible: date and city of incident, reason, and if any holds have been placed.
If my check doesn’t clear the first time you cash it, will it be submitted again?
Yes, if your paper check or electronic debit is returned unpaid the first time, we will re-deposit it again. It may take one to three days for the second deposit to occur.
Can you re-finance my vehicle?
Unfortunately, no we cannot. CIG Financial is not a direct lender, like a bank. We are only able to provide financing to consumers who purchase a vehicle at a dealership.
Can you pre-approve me for a new vehicle?
Unfortunately, no we cannot. Because CIG Financial is not a direct lender, we can’t pre-approve you for the purchase of another vehicle.
Can I take my vehicle to Mexico for a short trip?
Yes, if your account has been open with us for at least 12 months. We will need to give you an authorization letter to show when crossing the border back into the US. To request this letter, call us at (800)-525-3200. You will need to show us proof of both your current US insurance and out-of-country insurance for the dates you will be in Mexico. You will also need to provide an address where the vehicle will be located while in Mexico, and two telephone numbers we can contact you at while in Mexico. We will also need to see a current copy of your driver license, and your CIG Financial account must be current while you are in Mexico.
What insurance must I have on the vehicle?
The contract you signed requires you to maintain physical damage insurance on the vehicle at all times, including comprehensive and collision insurance. Your state may also have laws that require you to maintain liability insurance, too.
Where should I (or my insurance agent) send proof of insurance?
You or your agent can send proof of insurance to us at CIG Financial, PO BOX 19795, Irvine, CA 92623. We need to see the policy or declarations page of the policy; an insurance card is not proof of insurance.
How do I report an accident involving the vehicle?
Report the accident to your insurance company first, then call us at (800)-525-3200 to report the accident. If the vehicle is a total loss, we will work with your insurance adjuster to process the insurance claim. You will need to continue making your payments during the claims process. If the vehicle is repairable, we will need to sign off on the repair check your insurance company issues for the repairs. We’ll endorse the check when you show us proof that the repairs have been completed.
CIG Financial is a payee on my insurance repair check. How do I get my insurance check endorsed by you?
You should endorse the check and send it to us at CIG Financial, PO BOX 19795, Irvine, CA 92623. Send it with proof that the repairs on your vehicle have been completed. Proof of repairs can be a statement from the repair shop, or photos of the repaired vehicle.
I’ve moved to another state and need to register the vehicle. How do I do that?
The best place to start a change of registration is with the DMV or Motor Vehicle department of your new state. They will tell you what forms and documents you need to provide, and they will also ask us to send them the title to your vehicle so it can be transferred over to the new state. We can’t send you the title directly, and we can’t send it to them until they ask us for it, so you need to start the transfer by visiting your new DMV. Give them our address to request the title: CIG Financial, PO BOX 19795, Irvine, CA 92623.
I changed my name (because of marriage, divorce, other) and want to update my account with you so it has my new name. How do I do that?
Please send us a copy of the marriage certificate, divorce order, or court order, and we’ll update our records to show your changed name.
How do I get the payoff balance of my account?
You can register for My Account on this website, and get the payoff balance on your account every day. Or you can call us at (800)-525-3200 and ask to speak with a Customer Care Representative, who will provide that balance for you.
I don’t agree with how you reported my account to the credit bureaus. How do I make you fix that?
You need to submit your dispute to the credit reporting agencies, not to us. The agencies will then notify us of your dispute, and we will investigate it. If we determine that you are correct, we will update your credit report with the agencies. If we determine that our reporting was correct, we will notify the agencies and they will notify you. This is the contact information for the credit bureaus:
475 Anton Blvd.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022
P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374
If I make my payment late, is there a penalty?
My account was recently paid in full. When will you release the title?
We generally release the title on a paid in full account within 10 business days of the payoff date. The title will be sent to the person/address indicated with the payoff funds we received. If the title to your vehicle was an electronic title, we may only release our lien and the title remains electronic, but in your name alone. Check with your state DMV on electronic title releases to learn how your state handles the release of electronic titles, or refer to the table below.
- Arizona―an electronic notification from CIG Financial is sent to the state. Once received, the lien information is removed from the title record. A free and clear paper title is printed in the registered owner’s name and forwarded to the appropriate recipient/address.
- California and Massachusetts―an electronic notification from CIG Financial is sent to the state. Once received, the lien information is removed from the title record. A free and clear paper title is printed in the registered owner’s name and forwarded to the appropriate recipient/address. IMPORTANT NOTE―if the title is being sent to the registered owner, California and Massachusetts will send the title to the address listed on the current vehicle registration. If you have moved within the state and did not update your address, your title will be sent to the most recent address the state has recorded for you.
- Florida, Ohio and Texas―an electronic notification from CIG Financial is sent to the state. All Florida, Ohio and Texas titles remain an electronic record unless a paper title is specifically requested by you. If your loan is paid in full, you may request your paper title through the appropriate DMV website or by visiting a local tag office. State fees for a paper title will apply.
- New York―New York is the only ELT state that holds an electronic lien but issues a paper title and forwards the paper title to the registered owner. In addition to CIG Financial sending an electronic transmission notifying the state of a satisfied lien, a release of lien must also be attached to the title. CIG Financial will create and forward a release of lien document upon satisfaction of the lien.
- Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, Nebraska, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington and Wisconsin―an electronic notification from CIG Financial is sent to the state. Once received, the lien information is removed from the title record. A free and clear paper title is printed in the registered owner’s name and forwarded to the appropriate recipient/address.